Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 6th, 2017 - Abomination Sour


Slightly Confused Brewing Company

Abomination Sour
Batch 73

Ingredients:
-Had grain from previous recipe in a bag. Bag was labeled "sour" but unsure exactly what was in it.
-Total weight 10.2# (grain bill seemingly around 10#)
--total grain bill 10#

Good Belly "oat" lactobacillus
US-05
Glacier 3.2 AAU x60'

Stats:
OG: ??? (estimated); 1.058 (measured)
FG: ??? (estimated); ***(measured)
ABV: ??? (estimated); *** (measured)


Brewing Steps:
  • Heated 3 gallons of water to a strike temperature of approximately 161 degrees
    • Target mash temperature 151; volume at 1.25 quarts/pound
    • Used Sparge Pal app for volume calculations
    • Mashed in red mash tun
  • Added water to mash tun first
    • Initial temp 149
    • Final temp 142
  • After 60 minutes lautered
  • Heated 4.5 gallons of sparge water to approximately 175 degrees and added to mash tun 
  • Let sit for 5 minutes, then lautered until we had about 6+ gallons
  • Boiled x5 minutes
  • Chilled by putting pot into tub with ice and water and wort chiller/pre-chiller to 90 degrees 
  • Added lactobacillus (x2 Good Belly)
  • Let Kettle Sour x*** hours
  • Boiled
    • Added hops x 60'
  • Cooled, added yeast
  • Primary fermentation x2 weeks
  • Secondary (bottle condition) x2 weeks
Notes:
-Unclear what grain bill or grain components we had
-Used hops from alternate recipe
-Unable to fully calculate water volumes because we did not know grain bill
-Final volume post-boil about 4.1 - 4.25 gallons
-Put into secondary 12/22

1 comment:

  1. Testimony of financial breakthrough from GOD through the help of Funding Circle Loan INC. (fundingloanplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +14067326622)...

    Hi I'am Evelyn Russell resident at 808 NE 19th St Oklahoma City, I am a single mother blessed with 2 daughters. For a while now I have been searching for a genuine loan lender who could help me with a loan as I no longer have a job, all I got were hoodlums who made me trust them and at the end they took my money without giving me any loan, my hope was lost, I got confused and frustrated, it became difficult for my family to feed with a good meal, I never wanted to have anything to do with any loan lending companies on the internet again. Not until I met a Godsent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family Through the help of a fellowship member "a lender with the fear of God in him Mr JASON RAYMOND, he was the man God sent to elevate my family from suffering. At first I thought it wasn’t going to be possible due to my previous experience until I received my loan worth $135,000.00 USD in less then 24hours. So my advise to anyone out there genuinely in need of a loan is to contact Funding Circle Loan INC through this official email:- fundingloanplc@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(406)732-6622 and be financial lifted.


    ReplyDelete